7.2.1 Acquisition by Prescription - Introduction
Welcome to the seventh topic in this module guide - Acquisition by Prescription! This topic follows on from the previous topic which examined the creation of profits à prendre and easements in the framework of their formation.
Below are some goals and objectives for you to refer to after learning this section.
Goals for this section:
- To understand the concept, essential elements and effects of prescription.
- To understand the difference between express reservation and implied reservation.
- To understand how profits à prendre and easements are terminated and the matters relating to their termination.
Objectives for this section:
- To be able to understand how profits à prendre and easements can be transferred to third parties.
- To be able to identify how the transfer of a benefit of a legal easement, a legal profit and an equitable easement and profit à prendre would transpire.
- To be able to identify how the transfer of a burden of a legal easement, a legal profit and an equitable easement and profit à prendre would transpire.
Start the Lecture
We have three lengths of lecture to suit varying study needs. Select one of the options below to get started (if you have already chosen a study level you will see the option highlighted in violet):
Each lecture is also accompanied by hands on examples of problem questions for the subject. You can jump directly to the questions below: